Halloween and Bonfire Night will soon be here – that’s two great events to work your mobile bar.
Make the festivities a memorable occasion with this spectacularly spooky idea for your customers.
Serve up Halloween cocktails with a sweet or savoury garnish, that resembles an edible “eyeball”.
Keep an Eye on Presentation with Edible Eyeballs
Halloween drinks should resemble something gory, but still taste great and entice people to drink them.
The solution to this, is to garnish your drinks with edible “eyeballs” that can be made to taste either sweet or savoury to complement your drink.
Sweet eyeballs can be made with pitted lychees, blueberries, and strawberry or raspberry jam.
• Drain the lychees than half-fill the jam into the lychee’s pitting hole.
• Next, place a blueberry in the front of each hole for the eyeball’s iris and pupil.
For Savoury eyeballs, you’ll need small eyeball-sized red radishes and pimento-stuffed green olives.
• After you’ve washed the radishes and trimmed their tales lightly peel them, leaving flecks of red skin behind.
• Next, slice the top off each radish to leave a flat surface.
• Use a paring knife to carve a small divot in the flat surface where the olive iris will go.
• Finally, slice the olives in half to create a green iris and red pupil and place in the carved space you’ve made.
Complete the Gory theme with two Tantalising Cocktails
A blood and sand will pair great with your sweet eyeball garnishes, while a classic bloody Mary is a perfect match with the savoury alternative.
Here are the recipes, once you’ve made them simply pop your eyeball on a skewer to garnish and enjoy!
Blood and sand:
• 22.5ml scotch whisky
• 22.5ml sweet red vermouth
• 22.5ml cherry brandy
• 22.5ml freshly squeezed orange juice/blood orange juice
Put all ingredients into a shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled. Then double strain the contents into a chilled cocktail coupe.
• 60ml vodka
• 90ml tomato juice
• 10ml lemon juice
• 5ml Worcestershire sauce
• Celery salt, pepper and chilli sauce, to your liking
Put all ingredients into a tall collins glass. Stir well and serve with ice.
Add Spectacular Style to your Mobile Bar with The Big Coffee
Attract customers to your mobile bar at events by ensuring your vehicle stands out, and has all the function capabilities it needs.
The Big Coffee specialises in handcrafted vehicle conversions for all your mobile catering needs, whether that be mobile bars, street food vehicles or coffee carts.
If you’re ready to get your mobile business venture on the move, contact a sales expert today on 01482 655020.